Terms & Conditions of Membership
- Member represents and warrants that the information furnished in the Membership Application Form are true and correct and any change therein shall be intimated to 48 Fitness promptly in the manner prescribed.
- Enrollment Fee is payable once on joining and not refundable in any event.
- Members Health Warranty: Member warrants and represents that he/she is in a physically ready state and medically fit condition to join and undergo the programs and is not suffering from any physical condition, impairment, disease, ailment, infirmity or other illness that would prevent participation in the fitness programs or use of equipment or machinery at 48 Fitness. Member should be aware of his/her medical history and should seek opinion of qualified medical consultant(s) prior to joining any fitness/workout program and also while continuing to exercise should a medical condition appear or appear to be developing. It shall always be deemed that the Member has obtained and continues to obtain such medical opinion before joining and during the continuation of various programs at 48 Fitness. Member acknowledges and agrees that 48 Fitness will rely on the foregoing warranty in issuing Membership and has no obligation to perform a fitness assessment or similar testing to determine the Member's physical condition or suitability to any fitness program. Any fitness assessment or similar testing performed by 48 Fitness is solely for the purpose of providing comparative data with which the Member can track progress in a program and is not for diagnostic purposes. 48 Fitness shall not be subject to any claim, demand, or injury whatsoever on account of its evaluation or interpretation of such fitness assessment or similar testing.
- Member to undergo Fitness Test: Member must submit to a Fitness Assessment, Body Analysis and Fitness Test before commencement of the exercise program and follow the workout pattern and routine recommended by 48 Fitness's in- house/empanelled Gym Consultant. Management shall not be responsible for any accidental damage caused due to the Member following his/her own exercise routine. 48 Fitness reserves the right to refuse admission to the Member in any program on the recommendation of its in-house/empanelled Gym Consultant.
- Membership is activated from the first working day following the date of payment. A Member may, however, opt to start the program from any other working day within the next 30 days from the date of payment.
- 48 Fitness reserves the right to refuse membership to any person without assigning any reason.
- Program Upgradation: A new Member shall have the option of upgrading the tenure of registration within first fifteen days from the program start-date. Upgradation shall be allowed only for annual membership and the year shall run from the program start-date.
- Transfer of Membership: A Member may transfer his membership to a non-member of Angel Wellness on payment of a transfer fee of Rs.-2300/- + taxes Such transfer shall be irrevocable and the original Member shall not be entitled to reclaim any benefit of the transferred membership. The Transferee Member shall be bound by the same terms and conditions and entitled to benefits of only those programs and facilities for which the original Member was entitled in terms of payments made. The original and transferee Members shall execute further documents as may be prescribed for effecting the transfer.
- All taxes, levies, cess, charges and other dues under applicable Statutory and/or Municipal Laws shall be borne by the Member.
- Extension of time: Admission to any program shall terminate on the respective expiry date designated for the program and no extension of time, except on medical ground as herein stipulated, shall be allowed. Extension on medical ground upto 6 weeks and in case of pregnancies upto 9 months shall be allowed on production of medical certificate/recommendation and subject to verification by our in-house/empanelled Gym Consultant..
- No Refunds: Payments made shall not be refunded except in the event of death or permanent disability because of which the Member is unable to use the Gym. Refund in such cases shall be of a sum which bears the same proportion to the total payment made by the Member for any program as the unexpired period of the program bears to the total duration of the program. Permanent disability shall mean any physical or mental disability that prevents a Member from using the Gym for a continuous period not less than six months and which is so certified by a qualified physician and subject to verification by our in-house/empanelled Gym Consultant. Refund shall be released to the legal representative of the deceased/disabled as soon as may be on completion of the formalities but without any interest and subject to deduction of any sum due to 48 Fitness.
- Prohibited Activities: Consumption of Alcohol, narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances including steroids and smoking within the premises are strictly prohibited. Member agrees not to enter upon 48 Fitness premises or engage in any activity thereon while under their influence. Member also agrees not to engage in any fitness program while under medication that may impair his/her ability to operate equipments or endure physical strain. Gaming and gambling of all kind are prohibited within the Gym premises. Member shall not bring in weapons of any kind, take photographs, use videograph, audiotape or film the interiors of the gyms, equipments or machinery, imparting of training or other facilities at the Gym. Sexually explicit or suggestive conversation, behavior, body posturing or mimicking, non-consensual body contact, aggression or intimidation, use of vulgar and demeaning comments with, directed at, or in relation to other Members and wearing of immodest or sexually revealing attire are strictly prohibited within the Gym premises. Member shall avoid using cell phones within the workout area. Indulgence in any of the prohibited activities will render the Member liable to immediate expulsion from the premises and may result in permanent cancellation of Membership besides initiation of appropriate legal action, civil or criminal, by 48 Fitness or by the offended Member(s). 48 Fitness may, in its sole discretion, determine any conduct/act/behavior of the Member to be offensive, potentially harmful, dangerous or abusive and shall constitute grounds for termination of Member's membership. In the event of termination, the unused portion of any advance payment shall be forfeited to the Gym.
- Consumption of outside Food and beverages: 48 Fitness reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to restrict or disallow consumption of food or beverages, or the use of outside equipment within the Gym premises.
- Release and Waiver of Liability: Member states, declares and affirms that he/she is aware of and recognizes the risks and hazards that are incidental to or associated with physical fitness programs which include, but are not limited to, risks involving cardio-respiratory, cardio-vascular systems, breathlessness, dizziness, fainting, heart attack, heart disorders, abnormal blood pressure, dehydration, exhaustion, sprains, muscle strain, blisters, stress fracture, tendonitis, cartilage tears, bursitis, back pain, bruising of joints etc. Exercising beyond one's physical endurance limits and/or accidents involving exercise equipments, whether from malfunctioning or break down of the equipment or otherwise, may result in injury to the Member's body or death. Member agrees to release 48 Fitness, its owners, officers, agents, employees and affiliates from any and all liability arising out of injury to the Member and further agrees to indemnify and hold them harmless against any loss, damage or expense incurred/sustained by reason of any claim or liability based upon personal injury or death of the Member.
- Trainer may touch body: Member gives consent to the trainer touching the person of the Member while imparting training or demonstrating the use of any exercise machine or equipment.
- Loss of property: Member shall keep personal belongings and valuables, including automobiles, mobile cells and wearing apparels and jewelry brought into the Gym premises at Member's own risk in the locker room or at other facilities provided for keeping them so however that 48 Fitness shall not be held liable for their loss, theft or damage in any manner whatsoever. Member shall not leave belongings and property over night in the Gym premises. Items found shall be placed in the lost-and- found location which Member may claim on proving ownership to the satisfaction of 48 Fitness. Unclaimed items shall be disposed of or discarded after every thirty days and no claim whatever there against shall be entertained.
- Dress Code: Members shall wear appropriate clothing and footwear while in the Gym premises. Appropriate clothing includes gym shorts, T-shirts, jogging suits, aerobic wear and sweat outfits. Street clothing and jeans are not considered appropriate clothing. Street shoes, black-soled shoes, socks and sandals are prohibited. Foot covering (i.e. tennis or aerobic shoes) must be worn at all times in all exercise areas. Member agrees to have a cloth towel during workouts to protect and clean the equipment after Member's use. 48 Fitness reserves the right to refuse entry to any Member who is not properly attired and/or personally clean.
- Unruly behavior and expulsion: Any member who is loud, offensive and bothersome to other members or behaves otherwise in an unbecoming manner or who is cited for infraction of rules and regulations may be suspended or expelled from the Gym. In the event of termination, the unused portion of any advance payment shall be forfeited to the Gym.
- Member further agrees that:
- All equipment shall be wiped down by the Member after each use, with the supplies provided by 48 Fitness.
- Use of gym chalk or other substances which pollute the environment of the Gym is strictly prohibited and Members found using them are liable to be terminated without refund of the unused Membership Fee. Members may use gloves, straps, and grippers etc., to improve their lifts.
- In the event of termination/cancellation of Membership, no refund of the Membership Fee shall be payable except as specifically provided herein and the quantum of refund, determined by the Gym Management, shall be final.
- The Member understands that the Gym is a complete fitness club and makes available to its Members the best in class equipment and accessories required for all types of workouts and gym activities and there is no need for the Member to bring in his own personal workout equipment, gym bag, baggage and other personal paraphernalia which can cause inconvenience and annoyance to other Members and prevent them from fully enjoying their workout sessions. The Member undertakes not to bring inside the Gym premises such items and objects and any other things that the Gym management may forbid the Member to bring in. Member may carry inside the Gym only items such as minimum wearing apparels, wrist watch, foot wear, light handbag, vanity bag or shoulder bag, purse etc. which shall be kept in the lockers till the Member leaves the premises. Items found strewn over the Gym floor may be seized and forfeited and a Member found repeatedly breaching the rule shall be terminated from Gym Membership after serving a warning in writing in which case Member shall not be entitled to any refund of the Membership fee.
- Allotment of group cycling bikes shall be made on the basis of first-come-first-serve to the Members assigned for each session of the day. For consecutive sessions, Members from a previous session shall be allotted bikes only if vacant bikes are available after full allotment, on first-come-first-serve basis, is made to the Members assigned and present for the subsequent session. Vacant bikes shall be allotted to Members from previous session in the serial ascending order in which vacant bikes are available, i.e, the Member first logging in for the subsequent session shall be allotted the bike having the lowest serial number.
- Access to the facility is restricted to the Member only. Member will not bring along his/her relations or friends to the Gym premises.
- A Member who wants to be accompanied by his/her valet/maid/personal servant (Attendant) inside the Gym, shall seek prior written permission from the Gym management by writing under his/her hand or through email from his/her email ID registered with the Gym. Member shall also give an undertaking in that connection in the prescribed format and ensure that the Attendant completes the KYC process before he/she is brought in. The Gym management may do a background check of the Attendant or seek additional information or documents relating to the Attendant before granting permission to enter the Gym premises. 48 Fitness may deny permission in its absolute discretion or revoke the permission granted without assigning any reasons. h.He/she shall use the equipments and facilities in accordance with the instructions given for their proper use.
- He/she is of the age of majority (completed 18 years of age) on the date of obtaining Membership.
- He/she shall conduct himself/herself in a quiet, well-mannered fashion so as not to cause any disturbance which may interfere with the use and enjoyment of the facilities at the Gym by other Members.
- He/she shall not occupy any equipment for an extended period of time so as to deprive other Members of their use in their turn/rotation.
- The ambient air, light, temperature, background music, and noise level at 48 Fitness are controlled and set to provide an optimum exercise environment for the majority of its users. Member shall not change or seek to change any such controls by calibrating the devises used for their controlled functioning or opening any doors, windows, ventilators or blinders.
- Membership card/access code issued to the Member is to be carried/used to gain access to the Gym facility and the Card shall be on the person of the Member while he/she is on the Gym premises. Membership card is the property of the Gym and is not transferable. If Membership card is lost, new card will be issued on application, against a non-refundable payment of Rs. 800/-.to 48 Fitness.
- Charges and fees for various programs are subject to change as deemed necessary by 48 Fitness and would not require prior notice to the Member.
- Hours and days of operations shall be as determined by 48 Fitness and notified at the Gym premises with reasonable notice. 48 Fitness shall not be responsible for forced closure or suspension of operations on any day(s) due to bands, hartals, strikes, civil unrest, disturbance to law and order or supervening force majeure events beyond its control. 48 Fitness reserves the right to shut down operation at suitable periodic intervals for maintenance/renovation of the premises and facilities with sufficient advance notice to the Members.
- Any notice to the Member shall be considered duly served when personally delivered to the Member or mailed, whether by post, courier, email, fax, SMS or any other publicly accepted mode of communication at the address on the records of 48 Fitness as original given or subsequently changed by the Member.
- Any damage to equipments, property and facilities of the Gym due to misuse, improper or negligent use by the Member shall be made good by the Member at his/her own cost. A fair amount of loss as may be determined by 48 Fitness shall be paid by the Member within 15 days of raising the demand for compensation failing which membership will be terminated and any fees/charges paid by the Member shall be forfeited to 48 Fitness.
- Member shall acquaint himself/herself of circuit rules and shall not cut in on the circuit or do sets if other Members are waiting.
- Member shall use the equipments strictly in accordance with the instruction of the trainers; return weights to proper racks when finished; shall not drop weights and have a “spotter” beside the Member when using heavy weights.
- Member shall not litter or leave refuses or debris on the Gym floor.
- Member who sweats profusely shall use Towels when using the equipment.
- Member shall not carry personal belongings like gym bags, purses, extra clothing, cell phones and other paraphernalia to the workout areas. They shall be kept at the designated places.
- Member shall receive training only from designated personnel. Member shall not seek to be trained by or volunteer to provide training to other Members of the Gym.
- 48 Fitness may photograph and/or videograph the Member while exercising in the Gym, whether individually or in the group of other Members, and use the images and visuals in its promotional materials including, but not limited to, TV commercials, radio channels, news paper advertisements, website, banners, graffiti, leaflets, cutouts, letterheads and brochures, and the execution hereof by the Member shall tantamount to a release in favour of 48 Fitness by the Member for the use of such images and visuals as promotional materials without any consideration to the Member.
- Guests on the Gym Premises: Non-Members may be allowed on the Gym premises as guests only with express prior permission of the management. 48 Fitness reserves absolute right to refuse entry to a non-member and, where entry is allowed, to have him/her vacated without assigning any reason whatsoever. A non-member while on the Gym premises shall remain bound by the same terms and conditions herein contained as regulate the conduct, decorum, dress, etiquette, floor discipline of a member at the Gym and shall be deemed to have made all the representations, warranties, Waiver and Release of Liabilities and indemnities herein and shall follow, where he/she is allowed use of the facilities, the rules regulating their use. Guest shall accordingly sign and deliver this agreement as such guests and sign such other documents and writings as may be prescribed by the management. Guests shall pay prescribed guest fee if permitted use of the facilities. 48 Fitness may regulate entry of guests by issuing them guest passes which guests shall carry on their person to access and remain on the Gym premises. Guests shall be required to produce proof establishing their identity to the satisfaction of 48 Fitness, such as valid driving license, voter ID card, Aadhar Card or Passport (must in the case of foreign nationals.)
- Entire Agreement: This Agreement, along with schedule of fees/charges and the Membership Application Form and other documents produced in that connection embodies the entire agreement and understanding between 48 Fitness and the Member with respect to the subject matter contained in this Agreement. There are no restrictions, promises, warranties, covenants or undertakings, other than those set forth or referred to in this Agreement. This agreement supersedes all prior agreements and understandings between the parties, if any, with respect to the subject matter.
- Changes in the Terms and Conditions: Member acknowledges that 48 Fitness operates under Terms and Conditions established for the safety and protection of its members and agrees to be bound by such Terms and Conditions and any modifications subsequently brought into force for better achieving that object. Such modifications shall take effect from time to time as if they were incorporated into this Agreement by reference. Member agrees that facilities, equipment, hours, service, regulations and policies are subject to change from time to time, without prior notice to the Member, in the sole discretion of 48 Fitness.
- Further Assurance: Member agree to execute such further documents as may be necessary, proper or convenient, for the purpose of fully effectuating the terms and conditions of this agreement.
- Severability: Terms and Provisions of this agreement are severable and if any provision/term is determined to be illegal or unenforceable as per extant or amended laws, the remaining provisions and any partially enforceable provisions shall nevertheless be enforceable. Failure on the part of 48 Fitness to enforce any remedy or provisions in this agreement shall not be constructed as a waiver of such remedy or provision.
- Freezing Membership: A Member registered for not less than 6 months may request freezing of his/her Membership for a minimum period of not less than 15 days and a maximum period not more than 3 consecutive months at a time, on payment of a freezing fee of Rs. 1200/- plus service tax for each month during which Membership is frozen, provided that unexpired validity of the Membership is equal to or more than the duration of freeze requested. A Freeze request from the Member Shall be in the prescribed manner and accompanied either by copy of a valid Travel ticket or Medical certificate which shall appropriately correspond with the period for which freezing is requested. 48 Fitness does not guarantee allotment of the same time slot or Personal Trainer on resumption of the sessions. Sessions not availed of, otherwise than by way of freezing, shall not be regularized as Membership freeze.
- Governing Law: This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of India and the Courts in Mumbai shall have jurisdiction.
- I declare that I have read the foregoing terms and conditions governing my Membership of 48 Fitness and that by signing below, I acknowledge that I understand and agree to be bound by all of the terms and conditions hereof. I further acknowledge that a fully executed copy of this Membership Agreement has been provided to me.
3rd Floor, Crystal Point Mall, Link Road, Andheri (W), Mumbai-400053
TELEPHONE - (022) 2636 4848 EMAIL - firstname.lastname@example.org
OPEN 365 days
6 am to 12 midnight
On public holidays & Sundays,
8 am to 10 pm
FREE PARKING AVAILABLE